Shorthand for WindowsTM
The instructions on this page apply only to those who purchased a Shorthand
Instructions for Registering a Computer
Before we can send you your Shorthand License, you will need to
register your computer by sending us your Shorthand PC KEY.
HOW TO SEND US YOUR SHORTHAND PC KEY
- If you haven't already done so, install Shorthand Ver. 9 on the
computer that will be using Shorthand.
You can download Shorthand from:
NOTE: PC Licenses can only be installed on a fixed hard drive on a client workstation
and won't work on virtual machines, network servers and removable drives.
- Start Shorthand. Shorthand should display a window with the title
"About Shorthand for Windows".
(If Shorthand is already running, choose
ABOUT from Shorthand's HELP menu to bring up the "About" window.)
Verify that the version number
is Version 9.xx.
- Click the "Licensing Info" button (next to the OK button);
you should see a window displaying a message like:
PRODUCT: Shorthand for Windows Version 9.xx
PCKey= xxxxxx ← this is what we need
Please email this complete message
along with your NAME and ADDRESS to
- When you see the above message, click the "COPY TO CLIPBOARD"
button at the bottom of the message window to copy it to the clipboard,
paste it to an email message and email the message to us
- We will then email back to you a Shorthand Registration ID which
is used to activate Shorthand on your computer.
Please allow 1 to 2 working days to receive your Registration ID.
Home | Download